Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A warm glow :-)

Brian Gaff submitted this idea :
Yes I have often wondered about switches fitted to devices. Most are el
cheapo or worse, just conductive foam, and usually fail in about a year. Back
in the early days of infra red tv remotes we had little click switches with
hard button tops, never ever went wrong. Has to be a lesson there.

These were actual tiny push button switches, I guess they used metal,
linking two contacts, there was no click. I got 5x on/off/on tiny
momentary switches for £4.49, used two and was able to fit them on
brackets.