Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default A warm glow :-)

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 30/05/2019, Chris Green supposed :
You can get new remotes for just about anything like this from eBay or
aliexpress, cost very little too.

I'm sure I could, but it would have to match my system so perhaps a lot
of trial and error to get the right one. I would still be stuck with
trying to remember which button was up and which down - hit the wrong
button and then the right one has to be pressed three times for some
strange reason, to reset the system - to get it to obey.

They're actually pretty generic as far as I've found, the only issue
is the frequency they use, if I remember old ones are 433MHz and new
ones are 485Mhz (433Mhz is theoretically illegal now but you can still
get 433MHz remotes if you try hard). I have several old 433MHz driven
garage doors and all the 433MHz remotes I have tried seem to work (I
bought quite a few over the years for different places - in the car, on
the 'bike keyring and hanging by the front door).

--
Chris Green
ยท