Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default A warm glow :-)

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Having just had to fit a new tube motor to my garage's roller shutter
door, then finally got around to tidying up its control unit box which has
sat with it's PCB dangling out for years - I took a look at another
frustration.

I have two wireless remote controls for it, one in the car, other in the
house, then a wired one inside the garage. The buttons contacts on the
remotes have been variable for a few years and being side by side, with
two spare unused buttons it has always been rather confusing which to
press for open and which for close door. One bluetacked near back door,
the other bluetacked on top of my rear view mirror.

Earlier in the week, I decided I needed to find a solution to the remote
button problems and confusion, so I ordered up some tiny momentary
on/off/on toggle switches. These wired across the remote's failing buttons
using some hdd ribbon cable, meant I could mount the switches more
sensibly - push up for open/ down for closed, simple, no confusion.

you can buy learning garage door remotes on ebay for a couple of quid.......

just got mine fitted...got it fitted on the outside this time to gain an
extra nine inches for the mustang.....the door goes up....the door goes
down.....the door goes up....the door goes down.....the door goes up....the
door goes down.....the door goes up....the door goes down.....the door goes
up....the door goes down.....the door goes up....the door goes down.....the
door goes up....the door goes down.....the door goes up....the door goes
down.....the door goes up....the door goes down...tee hee