Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Long[ish], large bore shower hoses, why not?

On 30/05/2019 18:52, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Chris Green formulated on Thursday :
I can find lots of large bore (11mm or 12mm) shower hoses, I can find
lots of 'long' (2.5 or 3 metre) shower hoses, but I can't find any
long large bore shower hoses.* I'd have thought if you have a long
hose it's more likely to need to be large bore!

I thought long ones were illegal? I heard something about they hadn't to
be long enough, to be able to dip them under the water - chance if the
water went off, the could syphon foul water back into the mains..

They have to be short OR you need a double check valve.

In our case, as its fed from the loft tank, it is not going to syphon
back into the mains under any circumstances, so we don't bother with
check valves and the consequent flow reduction.

SteveW