Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A warm glow :-)

Having just had to fit a new tube motor to my garage's roller shutter
door, then finally got around to tidying up its control unit box which
has sat with it's PCB dangling out for years - I took a look at another
frustration.

I have two wireless remote controls for it, one in the car, other in
the house, then a wired one inside the garage. The buttons contacts on
the remotes have been variable for a few years and being side by side,
with two spare unused buttons it has always been rather confusing which
to press for open and which for close door. One bluetacked near back
door, the other bluetacked on top of my rear view mirror.

Earlier in the week, I decided I needed to find a solution to the
remote button problems and confusion, so I ordered up some tiny
momentary on/off/on toggle switches. These wired across the remote's
failing buttons using some hdd ribbon cable, meant I could mount the
switches more sensibly - push up for open/ down for closed, simple, no
confusion.