TURTLE

Default Antenna Grounding

"John" wrote in message om...
Im new to this and know this subject has been discussed in the past. I
have tried reading previous posts, but am still confused on the
subject. I want to put up a tv antenna. I plan on attaching the mast
to my facia. Radio shack sells cable with the ground wire attached,
which I plan on running into the house and grounding to a cold water
pipe.
The antenna will be mounted on the opposite side as my house ground.
Will this be enough? I really dont want wires running all over the
side/roof of my house.Also wil this also ground the mast or does that
need grounded to?
Thanks
John

This is Turtle.

just a thought here.

Do you really want a 30 foot rod up in the air that has a wire leeding direct to your bath tub and when or if lightening ever
stricks it. You are in the direct path of 10,000 volts of electricity. So is true with every plumbing fixiture in your home will be
in the direct path of 10,000 volts. I would not want to hook up my bath tub to a 30 foot lightening rod in the air. Now if you feel
luck , well go for it.

TURTLE

---