Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Sorting rust

In message , Chris Green
writes
Yes, but my suggestions of "Vernis pour rouille" and "Owatrol" are
quite different, they are not rust converters or anything like that,
they simply penetrate the surface of lightly rusted metal very well and
seal it completely. I've used them quite a lot on our canal boat in
France and on odd bits of ironware at home and I've found them pretty
effective. They certainly seem to work better than any of the
'galvanising' primer sorts of paints I've tried.

I have used "Owatrol" in the past, and agree it was far better than the
galvanising -type primers.

Alternatively, I have used a rust converter on my trailer and then
overpainted with some epoxy-based paint I had spare. This seems to have
worked reasonably well.
--
Bill