Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

In article , Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

Hot water is gas. Cooking is gas but would lose the oven. Can easily
go two weeks with laundry. Biggest single load is the refrigerator,
maybe a room AC to sleep.

Ed-

The Honda EU2000i would seem to be the ideal generator for you. The
only drawback would be its small gas tank.

Other inverter generators in its class are less efficient because they
may not throttle-down when lightly loaded. And they are loud compared
to the Honda. (Apparently some use a different method of measuring
their sound level.)

I have the Honda EU6500i. It probably uses more gas than the EU2000i,
but has more power and a larger gas tank. With my light load, it will
run at least 16 hours.

My refrigerator will keep ice solid for 8 hours, so I turn the generator
off when sleeping.

I keep ten gallons of aviation fuel on hand. It seems to hold up quite
well. After using the generator, I turn off the fuel valve and run it
dry.

Fred