Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

On 5/25/2019 6:38 AM, Marius Josipovic wrote:
On 5/24/19 7:09 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I'm considering buying a generator.Â* Just a portable that would keep
the refrigerator going, maybe the TV or internet.Â* Nothing of higher
power demand and only for a few hours a day if power goes out after a
hurricane.Â* AFAIK, this is not a really bad area for that and out
lines are underground so that help.Â* But stuff happens. I'm in Florida
now and they do get hurricanes.

The inverters run a couple of hundred more from what I've seen. I'd
like to keep it down to less than $1k.Â* I'm thinking 2,000 to 3000
watts should handle my needs.

Refrigerator

Kitchen range

Washer

Dryer

Dishwasher

Water heater

Modem/Router/Computer/TV/Cable box

Cellphone charging station

Lighting

Hot water is gas. Cooking is gas but would lose the oven. Can easily
go two weeks with laundry. Biggest single load is the refrigerator,
maybe a room AC to sleep.