Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,alt.windows7.general
J. P. Gilliver (John)[_3_] J. P. Gilliver (John)[_3_] is offline

Default Cars play songs on flash drive in alphabetical order by file name.

In message , micky
writes:
In rec.autos.tech, on Fri, 24 May 2019 21:25:42 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver
(John)" wrote:

[]
You're welcome.

I think I bought Norton Utilities about 25 years ago and it came with
Norton DOS, which was their name for 4DOS which was the predecessor for
Take Command and TCC/Le. The second one is free and once installed
requires no maintenance (Well, maybe I had to fiddle to get the window
to fill the screen, but that would have been true of regular DOS also.)

Any chance of a URL? Sounds potentially useful. (Though I'd probably
forget I had it after a while!)

https://jpsoft.com/products/tcc-le.html
https://jpsoft.com/all-downloads/downloads.html TCC/Le is the free
one.

Thanks for those. (I wondered why you gave two until I looked at the
first one: in my browser at least, the first one - that tells me about
it - almost uniquely, has no link to the download one!)
[]
But with every car radio, Mazda, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, there was a
moment, a full second, of silence or maybe not even silence, but a tiny
thud or click, 2 or 3 seconds into every song.

When I play mp3s on my SatNav, it plays a little blip at the start of
any file, that comes from a few seconds into the file.

Cheap is sometimes better.

I've often found that!
[]
Oops - I had been deleting that for non-UK 'groups. The petition only
got 330 signatures in the six months anyway )-: [first threshold is
10,000 where you get a government reply (100,000 gets you a debate in
parliament)].

Wow.

It's not a bad system: tends to get misused as a measure of public
opinion (which it isn't - it only counts supporters for any petition,
not those against [that's what my petition was about]), but at least it
gives _some_ input for the populace. (The "debate" at 100k is _not_
necessarily - usually isn't - in the main chamber as seen on TV; it's
usually in a committee room somewhere. [And usually a better debate for
that.])
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Squawk Pieces of eight!