Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

On 5/24/2019 9:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/24/2019 8:09 PM, Frank wrote:

It is a pain to store gas but if I had natural gas service I would run
the generator on that.

When I got my generator I put in a transfer panel to handle circuits I
needed like the well, furnace, refrigerator and freezer.Â* I believe
they have smart systems today that can handle the whole house as long
as everything is not on at once so they manage it as such.

I do have natural gas but I've not seen any small generators that use
it.Â* Well, one, but it had terrible reviews.Â* I have a gas line on the
lanai for the grill so it would be easy to use a connector for a generator.

I'd keep minimal gas on hand for the occasional outage but for a big
storm, there is enough notice to stock up.

I don't know anything about those that use natural gas but do know a guy
that has one but his whole house is connected and it is a big house.

Might also mention that mine is pretty noisy and if I bought another
would look for something quieter.

Someone told me that if you want to save money you go to the store after
a big storm and get a returned generator.