Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Inverter generator Do I need that?

In article , says...

Thing I wonder about is you need to keep enough gas on hand to run the
thing, possibly for a good while.

The gas gotta stay fresh- and storing a lot of it isn't safe. I know
there are stabilizers you can add to help keep fresh- but I wonder how
well they actually work- and how long they last.

It is best to rotate the gas out. I quit using the gas that has ethanol
in it. That sutff is death on small engines if left in the tank very
long. Using the ethanol free stuff and I do add the Stabil to it, I
have keptit for about 4 to 5 months in sealed gas cans over the winter.
No problems. My mowing season stops from about the last of Novermber to
around March. The ethanol free wwith the stabil in it is fine. If it
was the ethanol stuff I would have to clean out the carborator. Have
had to do that several times for being lazy.

As I mow for about half the year, I have 3 of the 5 gallon cans and a 2
gallon can. When I get two of the 5 gallon cans empty, I fill them. It
usually takes me about 1 1/2 gallons per week to mow the yard.
Over the winter I do try to have at least 2 full cans. We usually just
have mild winters, but some have been without power for a week or more.
That seldom hapens. I have only been out for about 2 days one time and
a day the other. I have been without for 3 or 4 hours a few times.