The Natural Philosopher

Default Wives and mice

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
. 1...

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:31:38 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

After a few days he got suspicious, and marked the back of one of
them with a magic marker. Sure enough they were catching the same
one each time.

This happened here and why we now deport them to a wooded fell top 4
miles away. Though I think it was a nick in one of it's ears that gave
it away, I did try to mark 'em but they are quick slippery customers
with sharp teeth.

Not a bright mouse then!

Seems pretty bright to me, keeps coming back to the warmth and food
supply. I doubt the mouse comes straight in and to the trap, it'll
stop off for snacks and nibbles along the way. They make a *very* good
job of finding the tiniest crumb.

Yes - but to go back into the trap?

Smart mouse. It gets a free dinner of bait, and a healthy walk back
afterwards.

Darwinian theory says you should kill the mouse.

That way its behaviour never gets replicated.

Perhaps it thought it was a bus ...

Mary

--
Cheers