Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Siemens WD14H421GB Washer-Dryer Doesn't Spin

In article ,
Woody wrote:
On Fri 24/05/2019 15:06, Andrew wrote:
On 23/05/2019 05:10, Bill Wright wrote:
On 22/05/2019 15:53, Woody wrote:
For the record most modern machines use a stepping motor which makes
it much easier to control direction and speed of rotation. However
because it is doing part of the wash it is unlikely to be that at fault.

In practice the commonest fault is that the machine has failed to
drain as it will not continue if it thinks there is still water in
the tub. As has been suggested it could be a coin in the pump or a
sock stuck in the outer drum that is blocking the pump inlet -
fingers will usually find if it is.

The other question, is the OP using liquid wash at lower temps rather
than powder? Liquid can cause horrendous gunging up of the pump, the
outlet pipe of the machine, and especially the fixed pipe into the
drainage system. We have a Miele and they recommend that if you use
liquid you should do a long high temp powder wash with the machine
empty about once a month or so to remove the gunge. We find it is
very effective. Generally if there is gunge it will stink.

Interesting.

Bill

So, a bit like rural broadband delivered by overhead lines,
where the phone is never actually used. Ringing the landline
number every so often, sends the ?60 volt ringing pulse down
the line and helps to prevent cable joints going high-resistance.

Usually 50V 25Hz a.c.

no. usually 33Hz and less that 100v. The safety elf doesn't like 240v,,

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England