Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default OT Who makes the best woodworker's tape measure?

On 5/23/2019 8:04 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 May 2019 10:58:26 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/23/2019 9:13 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Bill writes:
Jack wrote:

If you are into one pocket, the best ever is a recent match
between Tony Chohan and Dennis Orcolo.Â* It was streamed by POV
pool and is in 3 parts.Â* Race to 30 for $50k. These are two of
the best one pocket players on earth, Tony probably number one.

Thanks, I wrote it down for later. One thing I like about
watching videos on YouTube it that I can watch a long video over
multiple sittings, i.e. when I'm eating. Way better than TV.

I've had Tivo now for eighteen years, which provides the same
capability for "TV".

We have a DVR too since 2003. Way back when before HD, DirecTV Tivo,
when it was only standard Def. Now DirecTV DVR non Tivo But it does
have its limits.

We dumped DirectTV (and DISH before that) as soon as possible. I
hated both. We have AT&T, now. Still sucks but worlds ahead of
either satellite service. At least we get reasonably good Internet
service now, with it.

when we moved into our new home about 9 years ago we structured wiring
for media and internet. The neighborhood had Uverse. We switched at
that point to ATT Uverse. That lasted about 2 years. After about the
5th outage, that often lasted all week, we and several of our close
neighbors dropped Uverse and we went back to DirecTV. With Uverse,
Internet, TV, and Telephone, when Uverse goes down, EVERYGHING goes
down. You cannot even watch prerecorded TV as everything you record is
actually on the cloud. That was the last straw.

There has never ever been an issue with DirecTV.
We did however keep Uverse internet and it has been pretty reliable and
fast.

Our next step is to go with something like Tablo and internet only.

Oddly I still pay DirecTV about the same now as I did 16 years ago.

AT&T is more expensive but at least it doesn't fade out every time a
cloud goes by. I'd cut the cord and go all Internet TV but SWMBO has
other ideas.

Must be a location thing, we get temporary outages but only during heavy
rain. I can live with that.