Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default OT Who makes the best woodworker's tape measure?

On 5/23/2019 2:59 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:
On Thu, 23 May 2019 08:47:11 -0400, Jack wrote:

What I noticed was he has a nice TS with a sliding table, yet used his
bandsaw to cut up his blocks for the cutting board. Seemed wrong to me.

He does it for the thinner kerf. A considerable saving of expensive wood
over time.

I thought about that, and really, if you think about it, you get a rough
cut off a BS that requires planing/sanding. Much better option is a
thin kerf blade on the table saw, that doesn't require any
sanding/planing for glue up. Much easier and any extra wood waste, if
any, is very marginal, and made up with time savings and accuracy.

And, it gives you an excuse to use that fancy sliding table:-)

--
Jack