Tom Miller

Default Final Payment Huff

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:15:10 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

| "Leslie" wrote in message
| om...
| I need a reality check on something unpleasant that happened today
| with a roofing contractor. Did I err or is he being a little hinky?
|

| Could be as simple as he had a bad day or he didn't get any nookiel last
| night. He is still probably hurting from the lady that stiffed him and it
| just came to his mind. Or he just got a big repair bill for his truck.
|
| You sent the check, he should have it soon and just move on with life. Don't
| take it as a reflection of your reputation or his.
| Ed

Ed's right on target. The guy was grumped off or worried about
something else. My guess is he was annoyed that you lost the invoice.
And if you were a man, I bet he'd have been a lot more diplomatic. In
any case, in the real world 5 days is not exactly what you would call
skipping out on the bill and $1500 is hardly a federal case. But a lot
of these guys are better at their craft than at business. When it gets
towards the end of the week, they get antsy. (Then there are the guys
who say, "No hurry" when what they really mean is "Pay me tomorrow
before 9:00 am or I'll kill you." Hard to figure).

You paid and a piddling five or maybe four days late? Give me a break,
this is nothing. I've had clients pay me a year late, and only when we
were standing in the doorway of the courtroom. It's part of business,
and us big boys learn to deal with it.

Forget it. Don't beat yourself up. You owe him nothing.