Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Furnace running with thermostat off

On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 2:44:06 PM UTC-4, Dave Nelson wrote:
replying to fzbuilder, Dave Nelson wrote:
Hello, I have the same problem as posted above. My Rheem furnace will try to
start, for only 5 or 6 seconds even though my set point on the stat is
correct, and even after I turn off the thermostat, in the off position. Dave
Nelson

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ff-350432-.htm

What kind of thermostat? Battery type? Batteries fresh? Take the
batteries out and see if it continues. If it doesn't put the batteries
back in. If it still persists, time for a new thermostat. I recommend
Honeywell VisionPro series.