Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default OT Who makes the best woodworker's tape measure?

On 5/21/2019 2:22 AM, Bill wrote:
Jack wrote:

Yes, that's what I do. I'm gunna try the dial calipers next time
though. Been watching a lot of machinist videos on YouTube:-).

Try Hobby-Machinist.com
I've been thinking about whether I might be able to make some plane
parts. I don't own a lathe or a mill though, so far. But I am keeping my
eyes open for a "deal" while I learn.

That's a web page. I like watching videos on Youtube on my big screen
TV's (Comcast here has a built in YouTube app) I about completely
stopped watching anything on regular TV, and 99% of what I watch is on
Youtube. I like ABOM79 and David Richards Old Steam Powered Machine
Shop, but watch and subscribe to a few others machinist shows as well.

Everything I'm interested in can be found on youtube, and about NOTHING
I'm interested in can be found on regular TV. Even if regular tv has
something, say woodworking, it sucks, and sucks big time. Thinking of
Lamo Scott Phillips show American Woodshop, the Woodsmith shop and so
on. Lots of bad woodworking stuff on youtube too, but lots of good stuff
as well.

My absolute favorite "TV" star is Andrew Camarata. He has hundreds of
YouTube video's and I think I watched every one of them. He does
everything I did in my youth, and most of everything I dreamed of doing
but never did, like run heavy equipment. His video's are well done, he
can do it all.

--
Jack