Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Automatic wire strippers

No I guess its one way to wake oneself up, and to fuse the whole building at
the same time.
I think its a bit like the first time I encountered the ring main way of
wiring ceiling roses so that its still got a live when the light is off.
Before that all the old houses I'd been in only had two wires to the rose
in any case.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Pamela" wrote in message
On 17:40 20 May 2019, Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 20 May 2019 17:09:46 +0100, Adam Funk wrote:

I was thinking of getting an automatic wire stripper & came across this
on sale for £14.

https://www.toolstation.com/ck-automatic-wire-stripper/p42984

Are they any good?

Can't help with that one (although genuine CK stuff is usually good).

I bought one of these (I think on a recommendation here) and it is
excellent. I've been using it a lot recently.

https://capritools.com/pliers-and-cu...recision-wire-
strippers/

They do a range, but that one is about 20 quid.

At university, when I couldn't have afforded wire strippers I stripped a
length of figure-of-8 two-core mains flex with my teeth and the mains was
on.

I've never forgotten, decades later.