Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any HDMI Gurus?

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:

Other than connecting up HMDI devices 1:1 etc, I've never explored the
details of how it works etc- it simply wasn't something I needed either
at home or in my engineering days.

However, now I find myself wanting to do something and, having looked at
the various boxes/gizmos, I'm a little stuck/confused.

I have an TV with one HDMI input and manual HMDI switch with 3 inputs,
on is a Sat RX, one a Media Box, on is spare. The set up works fine- it
is installed in our motorhome (and was worked in our previous motorhome
for 5 or 6 years just fine).

Our new motorhome has HMDI cabling from the TV cabinet to the bedroom
and I'd like to mount a TV in the bedroom so I can feed and HDMI signal
there. Which one I've yet to decide (which side of the existing switch).

Basically, my question is this, what restrictions are there on feeding
two TVs (or monitors) with the same signal?, please.

I got a neat 4 input 2 output switch off Ebay. Allows you to send any one
of the four inputs to either (or both) of the outputs. With remote control.

I use this to feed the TV in the kitchen. So any of the STBs can be used
there.

Before, I used a HDMI splitter on the output of the PVR only, so that
could be viewed simultaneously on both sets. Can still do that, but more
too.

--
*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.