Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Who makes the best woodworker's tape measure?

On Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 12:32:14 PM UTC-7, J. Clarke wrote:

Or somewhere in between. For that I find a micrometer is more
efficacious than a tape measure. But if the fit really matters trial
cuts and adjustment are time consuming but the "right" way to do it.

I've had good results from cutting a joint slightly too loose, using
feeler gages to measure the gap, then adjusting my fence for the difference.
A thousandths-of-an-inch dial gage can tell you how far the fence is moved...