Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Who makes the best woodworker's tape measure?

On 5/19/2019 6:41 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 19 May 2019 10:43:39 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 5/18/2019 10:18 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/18/2019 8:21 AM, Jack wrote:

I don't particularly care who makes my tapes, I have a ton of them.
My main gripe is all of them I have have 1/32" increments in the first
foot. This is useless, no, worse than useless, imo.

I used them often. For my use the tape would be no good without them. I
can get that with a 12" scale but a tape is easier to carry around.

So, I reckon you can't make accurate measurements with anything over a
foot in length unless it lands exactly on a 16th? Pretty sad, in my opinion.

I wouldn't count on a tape measure to be more accurate than that
anyway. They aren't micrometers.

True, and it depends on what you are measuring. It is comon in some
industries to have a closer tolerance on part up to 12" or so than for
larger parts.

Just to confuse Jack a bit, in my industry for a part to measure a true
48" when I check it will measure 48 1/4".