Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Who makes the best woodworker's tape measure?

On 5/17/2019 9:12 PM, Michael wrote:
My old tape measure is just about done. I thought I'd get a Milwaukee since I like things they make, but the reviews are not that good. What is the best 16-foot tape measure?

Thanks.

Well buying a brand for the sake of buying that brand will not always
yield the same results that you expect.

I personally like to use Fast Cap tape measures, they feel good in my
hand and have a lifetime, no questions asked warranty.

I DO NOT TRUST any tape measure. I only use tape measures as a second
or third, double or triple check of a crucial measurement laid out by
steel or aluminum rules and or story sticks.

Sooner or later the end of a tape measure will get bent or the holes
that the rivets pass through will enlarge from use. From that point,
for me, the tape measure is worthless.