Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default Carriage lock screw - Any reason not to

On Sat, 18 May 2019 15:50:45 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
The carriage lock on mine is really rinky-dink. Just a tiny little
M6
cap screw that uses a small hex key. I'd have to take a serious look
at
it for possible hazards but that would be a nice place to put a cam
lock of some sort...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

Personally I'd rather have to intentionally take the tool post wrench
off its hook to lock the carriage than risk accidentally locking it
while threading.

That may be why it is so wimpy. So something doesn't break if you
forget and don't release it. Yeah, that thought/idea did occur to me. I
haven't had any reason to use it so far. Nothing I've done has required
that kind of precision...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI