SQLit

Default Final Payment Huff

"Leslie" wrote in message
om...

snipped

The roofer FAXed the invoice a day or two later (Sunday or Monday) but

Your fault, admit it and move on

I sent the roofer an E-mail this morning letting him know that I'd
torn the house up but couldn't find the FAXed invoice

snipped,

Your fault..... email, should have called the guy. Yea you offered to pay
the guy in the beginning he was honest and sent you a bill, EXPECTING
payment on recipt. You took 5 days to pay. Now he is nervous. I would
have pre leined your property. Of course I pre lein every job I do. Common
in Arizona.

This afternoon I took the $1,200 check to the post office and mailed
it, which is exactly what I was planning on doing anyway. But I'm
still upset. I've never cheated anybody in my life! Was I committing
a cardinal sin by putting the payment off a few days (5 days at most)
until I could get to it, or is something else going on here?

I do want this guy to finish the work because of the quality of work
he does,

again snipped

Yes you want to him to complete the job. Sugar cookies and the appropiate
drink might be in order. If he is good prove to him that you are. Not five
days, the day you get the bill. Devlivering the last payment to him and a
thank you would be in line.

A good contractor that works with ancient materials is hard to find. If your
pleased with the results show the man your pleased. Pay promptly. Five days
may not be much to you, it might be a life time to him... You offered to pay
on the spot. He refused showing respect and confidence. You broke the chain.
Email may be common in your world is it in his?

Any insights and strategies would be appreciated! And if I was wrong
let me know. Thanks!