Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fire wall in loft missing

On Saturday, 18 May 2019 14:51:15 UTC+1, Darren Chapman wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

Yes the party wall etc act applies. Yes it's just a simple block
wall. The point is to stop spread of fire. Lots of such walls have
the top gaps cement mortared. If your neighbour doesn't comply &
agree you'll need to pay for their solicitor re this job. I daresay
a lot of people would do it without even asking, but the PWA
forbids that. Read the simple govt guidance on the PWA.

Ok, ta for that. Looking at it, the wall required is a bigger than
I first thought to its more of a job than I realised. Not something
I'll be diying I suspect :-(

PWA looks simple enough (if they agree!). Complication is that the owner
of the other property is hardly ever in the country, and I can't find
any details on how to contact him. Last seen in Oct, and believed to
be working in Iran as ex mil security for an oil company.

That's all I know :-(

Sounds like if I can't get in touch, than I have to appoint two
surveyors - one for me, one for them so oversee the work. Although
how that would work given there is no access to next door I'm not
sure :-(

Gah, thought this house purchase was going too well. hrmm.

Cheers,

Darren

Neighbours normally don't agree to your works, if they do they have to pay their share and for their solicitor.

NT