Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Crack in outer brickwork

On Fri, 17 May 2019 12:23:12 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/17/2019 12:14 PM, Tom Orange wrote:
We have a crack running down the back of our property and it runs from the
bottom right of the window to the top right of the patio doors, it has
cracked
one brick right down the middle. The crack was there when we moved in 3
years
ago and has not noticeably moved.
We recently had a home buyer survey carried out and he was not sure if
it was
settling or something more serious.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. https://www.homeownershub.com/img/hx
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/hy

Not knowing the actual construction I can't say for sure, but it looks
like settling. If it is a brick veneer it is no big deal but I'd fill
it to keep water out.

+1 I'd also consider the framing of the window /door jambs. Something
give way?

If it was done by a professional home inspector he is incompetent as he
should be able to see the actual construction and figure it out.

CYA