Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default fire wall in loft missing

On 17/05/2019 12:23, Darren Chapman wrote:
In article ,
George Miles wrote:
I would talk to your council building control about it, pay their fee,
get their advice, and make friends with them

I thought that, but the surveyor said they wouldn't be interested as it
was only a tiny bit of wall missing, and it wasn't a significant change

*shrugs*

It all seems a little vague! Maybe I'll just get a builder round to see
what they think and quote and let them get on with it :-(

Any one know a builder in the folkestone area who would be interested in
a fairly crap little job? ;-)

Apologies for stating the obvious but much depends on the state of the
neighbour's ceiling. Eg if you are looking at old lath and plaster in a
state where one dropped brick would fill his bath it may call for some
care. I'd wondered about fitting a plasterboard "screen" and then
building the blocks flush to that.

--
Robin