Posted to uk.d-i-y
George Miles George Miles is offline

Default fire wall in loft missing

do it yourself-
i'd use heavy concrete blocks or bricks
and readymix mortar if its a little job

[g]

ps thinking of putting a smoke alarm in my loft
as it joins to the neighbours
with 2 man size holes!

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 12:23:24 PM UTC+1, Darren Chapman wrote:
In article ,
George Miles wrote:
I would talk to your council building control about it, pay their fee,
get their advice, and make friends with them

I thought that, but the surveyor said they wouldn't be interested as it
was only a tiny bit of wall missing, and it wasn't a significant change

*shrugs*

It all seems a little vague! Maybe I'll just get a builder round to see
what they think and quote and let them get on with it :-(

Any one know a builder in the folkestone area who would be interested in
a fairly crap little job? ;-)