Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default fire wall in loft missing

On 17/05/2019 11:24, Darren Chapman wrote:

If it can be done from my side only, and not invoke party wall issues that
would also be grand. Neighbour is away for many many months at a time in
the middle east (not seen him since Oct for example!) so that might be
painful :-/

What matters is not whether it can be done from your side but where you
are building: if you are building up the party wall then the Act is
engaged. See the booklet on the gov.uk site I gave a link to in my
earlier post.

I suggest you try to get an email address for the neighbour. (An email
"signature" should be OK in my opinion for what very little that's worth.)

It would of course be very naughty indeed to go ahead without. But FYI
there are no actual penalties for not complying with the Act...

--
Robin