Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default fire wall in loft missing

In article , Darren Chapman
scribeth thus

Hi all,

Buying a house. Mortgage offer has come through and has one condition
listed:

"Our Solicitor must obtain, and place with the Title Deeds, an
undertaking that the following works will be completed within
six months from the date of the Mortgage Deed: Complete fire
break wall repair. "

Doesn't sound too bad...

From what the surveyor has said (I've not got the report yet) there is a
small part of the wall missing (never built). Is this a case of building
a lightweight concrete block wall up to roof level? I think it's only
a metre or so long at one end, so tapers to nothing at the eaves.

Does it need sealing in anyway to the roof? Can't see how that would work,
and there doesn't seem to be any sealing for the rest of it.

Internet is inclusive. Survey report might have more info I guess, but
I'm not holding my breath!

Any advice?

Darren

We had to have that done on an old terrace house you could go into your
loft and get into anyone else's in that block you could get down into
their place and rob 'em!

So best not to let a fire do the same, it took a couple of blokes around
a sat morning and they were all done around 2 ish. Didn't cost that much
either around 8 years odd ago now ...

--
Tony Sayer