Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's available to remotely switch a power circuit?

On 15/05/19 22:18, Chris Green wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

Exactly my problem with the Quinetic switches. If there's no obvious
way to tell if you've turned everything off then there's a (small)
risk that you may have turned everything on! I know it's easy to
reset them but you have to know which way they're working before you
know they need resetting.

What's the difficulty with just plugging in a light (or anything which
has a power-on light) to see if the power is on or not?

It rather spoils the simplicity of hitting a switch by the door as you
go out knowing that you've turned everything off.

Apologies - I wasn't clear. I meant having a low-power "Indicator" light
permanently plugged in to a spare socket to see whether or not the power
is on.

--

Jeff