Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's available to remotely switch a power circuit?

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
We want a set of sockets (powering mostly low power things like lamps,
PCs, phone chargers, etc.) which can be turned on/off remotely by
somrthing like a switch by the door. Thus one would be able to leave
the room and 'turn off' using a swithch at the door.

Can you put all of them on the same circuit? Via multi-way extensions,
etc? Otherwise it's going to cost you a lot in individual controllers.

I have a couple of plug in remote controlled sockets. Rated at 13 amps.
Both work from the same remote control. Used for Xmas lighting.

BTW, not a good idea to power down PCs etc by simply switching them off?

--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.