Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Problem with Hozelock garden sprayer

On 15/05/2019 10:43, Graeme wrote:

Have a Hozelock pump sprayer (5L) which is 20+ years old, and no
pressure, so bought a service kit and replaced various washers etc.
However, there is now plenty of pressure, but all that comes out of the
wand is air, not a spray.Â* Tank contains water only, for testing.Â* What
have I probably done wrong?

Try turning the tank upside down. I suspect you have a leak where the
liquid dip tube joins the top of the main bottle - above the water line.

I just got a right sized Viton O ring for mine. It is really only the
big one at the top exposed to air and sunlight that goes brittle.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown