Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default overboarding for shower tray.

On 14/05/2019 23:19, ss wrote:
On 14/05/2019 22:42, John Rumm wrote:
When you say "resin" do you mean a GRP tray or a stone resin type? The
latter needs a really stable base with no flex, so ply is definitely
advised - and screw it down well.

I havent ordered it yet but likely a stone resin type.
Thanks for reply I couldnt remember if I overboarded last time or not.

Also if you don't have a ply top then you quite often find you will end
up with a compromised floorboard when you need to cut the access hole
for the shower trap - that would then leave a large strip of the tray
not properly supported.

Last one I did had 22mm floorboards, and I did a 19mm ply layer on top.
Screwed down on a 6" grid. Made for a very solid feeling base - you
could immediately feel the difference when you walked on the floor
before the tray went in.

--
Cheers,

John.