Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How to keep sound on when backing up.

Ed Pawlowski wrote
micky wrote

According to some newspaper article online, back up cameras have cut by
only 10 percent (in cars that have them) the number of times someone
backs into a person.

I imagine those 10% are happy about it.

Specially the ones that have avoided killing their little kids who have been
run over like that. I actually know one person who managed to do that.

Most cars have a terrible view out the back.

Yeah, even when just backing an empty trailer that you can't actually see.

I love the camera in my car. I have a 10,2" screen and gives the back, of
course, but also a surround view.

Surprisingly few have a completely integrated set of cameras
that automatically show you the front and back corner of the
car that is closest to something when parking etc.

And which operate as 360 degree dashcams when driving
and 360 degree surveillance cameras when parked etc.

Some cars to have crappy small viewing screens and probably are not that
good.