Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Bathroom Waste pipe V vanity unit

On Sunday, 12 May 2019 22:33:47 UTC+1, PeterC wrote:
On Sun, 12 May 2019 06:38:38 -0700 (PDT), polygonum_on_google wrote:

On Saturday, 11 May 2019 09:35:25 UTC+1, ss wrote:
I have stripped out the bathroom and other half wants a vanity unit for
the sink and toilet pan. With the layout I have to keep the toilet pan
on the right.
Is there likely to be an issue in trying to take the waste pipe to the
toilet pan, I have only ever had seperate sink / pan before.
I am concerned about space for the waste connection to the pan and if I
cut out an access for the easte pipe in the vanity unit will it
compromise the strength of the unit.
The visible waste pipe would then be boxed in.

When I fitted a vanity unit sink, I used flexible waste pipe, with glued ends, and a HepVO trap. Meant it had minimal impact on cupboard space and I was able to route it round the back of the unit.

Would do the same again, given the choice.

This is very shallow, as it is just a tight elbow then into the trap - works
in the same way as a HepVo:
https://www.toolstation.com/viva-mag...e-valve/p82878
https://www.toolstation.com/viva-mag...e-valve/p16545

(32 mm and 40 mm. Also, less than half the price of the HepVo.

Not seen them before!