Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coleman Powermate low voltage

On 5/12/2019 4:44 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 12 May 2019 06:29:29 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 5/12/2019 3:36 AM, wrote:
I also have an 1850 coleman that i lost total A C output. I thaought it just had to be the capacitor
. i replaced it... Nothing.same thing ...no voltage. Im about to give up on it.

Flash the field windings , it's lost the residual magnetism that it
needs to start the generation process . I had the same problem with a
Briggs unit a few years back .

sounds like MABRR it was shut down under full load? That sometimes
collapses the kagnetic feild causing the generator to faik to
energize. Flashing often fixes this. Shutting off loads before
shutting down the generator odten prevents the problem

Â* I think that's what happened to mine . I learned there is a way to
get it going by plugging a drill motor into one of the outlets then
spinning that drill with another (while holding the trigger down) while
the generator is running . I already had mine partly disassembled so I
did it with a 12V battery . Been working fine ever since .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old