Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Water booster pump pressure switch doesn't turn on automatically

On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 1:50:49 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 5/11/2019 8:56 PM, Prouvost wrote:
I need to know better how the booster pump pressure switch is tested &
adjusted I think, where I ask your advice to help me figure it out.
[http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?i...9_relay00.jpg]

Is there a way to better test or adjust that booster pump switch?

All I know, so far, is that when I manually press down on the complicated
intermeshed switch levers with a stick, the switch sparks green and
instantly activates the booster pump which stays running for about 4
minutes which gives the house water pressure for about three or four
showers worth of water.

But the switch no longer turns on by itself anymore.

What else can I test or adjust?

Picture doesn't show the pressure connection -- is it clear?

If it stays on but then does auto release after reaching pressure that's
indicative is or wouldn't cut out until hit safety relief point (or
over-pressure switch if have one).

If a little WD40 or other lube on the hinge points doesn't free it up;
sounds like time for new one.

As another said, if there isn't one, install a pressure gauge so you can
see what's going on without excess gyrations.

--

A new one is $20, available from many sources, I would think HD has
them. It's not worth screwing with. How about if it later