Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default How many drinking vouchers to core drill a tumble dryer exhaust

On 12/05/2019 14:38, Robin wrote:
On 12/05/2019 14:06, Roger Hayter wrote:
Jim K.. wrote:

ARW Wrote in message:
On 11/05/2019 18:23, Jim K.. wrote:
Fredxx Wrote in message: On 10/05/2019
21:35,

Chris B wrote: I have a team of builders currently on site
demolishing a chimney and doing some fairly major bathroom
alterations.Â* This is all formally priced up and contracted
through the parent firm. Whist they are here I have
thought it would be really handy if they could use the tools they
already have been using for the main job in the bathroom
alterations (ie a big core drill) to drill me a suitable hole for
a tumble dryer exhaust. This is undoubtedly "out of scope"
so I was hoping to offer one of them a few drinking
vouchers to do a bit of overtime for me. If I have to DIY
I will have to buy or hire kit or "chain drill" the hole.
Can anybody suggest a sum that would be reasonable for this job as a
"little extra" for someone who is already on site with all of the
right kit?Â* It is on the first floor so if it cant all be done from
inside work will have to be done from a ladder.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

What size of hole?

110 shurely?

117 of course.

Id or od?

I should say that the o.d. of a hole in a wall is, at best, undefined.

Perhaps not in whatever universe Jim inhabits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is-Gnyk4AWE

Just like an estate agents tape measure.

--
Adam