Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default How many drinking vouchers to core drill a tumble dryer exhaust

On 11/05/2019 12:07, mm0fmf wrote:
On 10/05/2019 21:35, Chris B wrote:
I have a team of builders currently on site demolishing a chimney and
doing some fairly major bathroom alterations.Â* This is all formally
priced up and contracted through the parent firm.

Whist they are here I have thought it would be really handy if they
could use the tools they already have been using for the main job in the
bathroom alterations (ie a big core drill) to drill me a suitable hole
for a tumble dryer exhaust.

This is undoubtedly "out of scope" so I was hoping to offer one of them
a few drinking vouchers to do a bit of overtime for me.

If I have to DIY I will have to buy or hire kit or "chain drill" the
hole.

Can anybody suggest a sum that would be reasonable for this job as a
"little extra" for someone who is already on site with all of the right
kit?Â* It is on the first floor so if it cant all be done from inside
work will have to be done from a ladder.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Can you not ask them to give you a price for cash (nudge nudge wink
wink) when they are next having a brew? Based on what you are paying for
your priced up job you will know whether it's good or not.

Apparently, the taxman loses tax revenue of £5bn a year in cash in hand
building work.

That's the prostitutes not paying their taxes on hand jobs for builders.

--
Adam