Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default How many drinking vouchers to core drill a tumble dryer exhaust

On 11/05/2019 08:26, Martin Brown wrote:
On 10/05/2019 22:26, R D S wrote:
On 10/05/2019 21:35, Chris B wrote:
Can anybody suggest a sum that would be reasonable for this job as a
"little extra"

How long is it taking them to drill other holes?

In my experience core drilling can take an inordinate length of time
but that said the last one I did took about 10 mins and was a relative
joy.

It depends on the wall. Mine is Victorian hand made bricks and 3 bricks
thick and with almost round flint pebbles in. It took the guy who put in
my vent for the wood burning stove about 3 hours and 2 core drills.

It was incredibly difficult to get through because of the little pebbles
jamming up the saw teeth and the bigger ones rotating in the matrix.

+1

For an *easy* wall, i.e. lightweight blocks plus modern bricks I'd say
£20 was stingy, £50 generous. I think I might try asking "how much for
cash after the rest have gone home".

---