Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default How many drinking vouchers to core drill a tumble dryer exhaust

On 11/05/2019 08:15, Jim K.. wrote:
Richard Wrote in message:
On 11/05/2019 07:56, Chris B wrote:
On 10/05/2019 22:26, R D S wrote:
On 10/05/2019 21:35, Chris B wrote:
Can anybody suggest a sum that would be reasonable for this job as a
"little extra"
How long is it taking them to drill other holes?

In my experience core drilling can take an inordinate length of time
but that said the last one I did took about 10 mins and was a relative
joy.

Seems to be about 30 to 45 minutes

Beer vouchers to the value of 45 minutes of your time, plus a bit
because they've got the gear.

Mmm.
"Your time" including fetching & returning the hire gear, titting
about discovering how to do it, the major risks if up a ladder,
plus your actual time taken to do the hole, plus the costs of
hiring in the kit.

I think you need to make the deal "irresistible" not "equal" to
the above cost of you doing it?

Nothing wrong with starting a bit low in negotiations but you want
a "done deal" with smiles all round, not a begrudged half arsed
attempt...

All depends on what *his* hourly rate equates to...