Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Arthur Clive Arthur is offline

Default Shower Screen Wall support

On 09/05/2019 23:17, DerbyBorn wrote:
Planning a shower and I am concerned about the usual bracket / rod that
goes from the top of a glass shower screen to the adjacent wall. That wall
is plasterboard (no timber - just plasterboard sandwich) and I am worried
that if my slightly wobbly wife stumbled into the screen then the wall
would not take the strain and it would pull out and damage the wall.

I was wondering about two rods - at an angle to form a Vee and attached
into the ceiling joists.

Any thoughts?

One of ours looks a bit like this...

https://flush-bathrooms.co.uk/produc...-chrome-gac007

....just a pole from floor (tray actually) to ceiling with a slot for the
glass.

Cheers
--
Clive