Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Where can U get a key cut like this?

In article ,
ARW wrote:
Interesting business story- there was a programme on the TV about it a
few years back.

They give ex-offenders a second chance?

Yes they do. Why not?

I think it an excellent idea.

I assumed that you would:-)

The lad I was chatting with with the other month at a prison was about
to go out on day release to work there. And 90% of his wage will be
stopped to pay back back his victims. So that will be 90% of his wage
until he is released in 6 months time.

Apparently his wife and kids will be calling in from school some days to
ask how much it costs to cut a key:-) They live too far away to call in
every day.

A most interesting chat (well a long chat as I worked with him for 3
weeks on that job) so I got to know a bit about him, his crimes and how
he coped in prison as he is not a drug user or an alcoholic.

It's good to know there is still at least some rehabilitation going on.
Too many leave prison as bigger criminals than they went in.

HMP Sudbury (another one I worked at) is also an excellent place for
training people ready to be released. In their case I met the lads doing
their catering qualifications. They have their own restaurant that is
outside the fence that is open to the public. Well worth a visit for
anyone that is passing. You would not know it was prisoners that were
waiting on you and cooking the food if it was not actually in the prison
car park.

Of course being a cat D (open prison) means that you are unlikely to see
much trouble even when inside the fence.

But then again

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48191877

some of them cannot help themselves from being pillocks.

--
Adam