Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Crimp sleeve or alternate ideas...

On 5/8/2019 5:42 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
dpb wrote
Rod Speed wrote
dpb wrote

There is a massive feedlot there too.

May look like it, but that's not its function...dairy calves have to
eat, too...

They aint dairy cows. No dairys anywhere near
there, those are all down in Victoria hundreds
of miles away and mostly fading away now.

Ah...I may have misunderstood the reference -- thought was reference to
the lots east of the circle identified as close to us...

There's been a major upsurge in dairies here -- California and Arizona
in particular have made it so tough on 'em w/ increased "nuisance"
regulation and water restrictions many chose to move operations instead.

Traditionally had never been any dairy to speak of other than just one
or two very small operations--one of which was our neighbor just west
who had the only fulltime operation in the county. Watching that tie
them down to the place was enough to convince me "Not!".

Grandfather in first days around 1915 started with registered milking
shorthorn cow herd as stockers; we never milked other than the one or
two for the house except during the Depression and Dust Bowl years of
the 30's they peddled milk, butter, eggs, anything could manage in town
to survive...

Current milk pricing is tough, so not been any expansion recently, but
they all seem to be hanging on for the moment, anyway...