Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where can U get a key cut like this?

In article ,
ARW wrote:
Interesting business story- there was a programme on the TV about it a
few years back.

They give ex-offenders a second chance?

Yes they do. Why not?

I think it an excellent idea.

The lad I was chatting with with the other month at a prison was about
to go out on day release to work there. And 90% of his wage will be
stopped to pay back back his victims. So that will be 90% of his wage
until he is released in 6 months time.

Apparently his wife and kids will be calling in from school some days to
ask how much it costs to cut a key:-) They live too far away to call in
every day.

A most interesting chat (well a long chat as I worked with him for 3
weeks on that job) so I got to know a bit about him, his crimes and how
he coped in prison as he is not a drug user or an alcoholic.

It's good to know there is still at least some rehabilitation going on.
Too many leave prison as bigger criminals than they went in.

--
*A person who smiles in the face of adversity probably has a scapegoat *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.