Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Where can U get a key cut like this?

"ARW" wrote in message
In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
On 08/05/2019 16:24, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Who or what are 'Timpsons' - never heard of em.

The cobblers/dry-cleaners/key-cutting kiosk that's in most(?)
Sainsburys

None anywhere near here.

I must admit, I thought there was one in most UK towns of a decent size.
They are like Boots, you just expect to see one.

They often have then outside big supermarkets - both our local Tescos
and Sainsburys have one (the later is a proper shop).

Interesting business story- there was a programme on the TV about it a
few years back.

They give ex-offenders a second chance?

Yes they do. Why not?

Not exactly thrilled at the idea of ex offenders cutting my keys.

The lad I was chatting with with the other month at a prison was about to
go out on day release to work there. And 90% of his wage will be stopped
to pay back back his victims. So that will be 90% of his wage until he is
released in 6 months time.

Apparently his wife and kids will be calling in from school some days to
ask how much it costs to cut a key:-) They live too far away to call in
every day.

A most interesting chat (well a long chat as I worked with him for 3 weeks
on that job) so I got to know a bit about him, his crimes and how he coped
in prison as he is not a drug user or an alcoholic.

What is he in prison for ?