Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default waterproof junction box

On 08/05/2019 14:52, wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 May 2019 21:34:08 UTC+1, Mike wrote:
I'm installing a LED floodlight outside below a wooden soffit. It would
be neat for the cable to go up to the soffit into a junction box where
the 1mm2 lighting can enter from the loft. So in effect like a ceiling
rose, but waterproof. I haven't found a j/b that expects a cable entry /
exit from its mounting surface. But I bet one of you have.

Cables must exit at the lowest point otherwise it will typically fill with water over time. One way to avoid that is to fill it with something totally waterproof, eg bitumen.

Can they enter from above?

--
Adam